Brevity of Life

I am a flower quickly fading
here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the Ocean
A vapor in the wind
-Casting Crowns

This is absolutely right. Our lives seem to mean very little in the grand scheme of things. What society tells us is important is our social status. We need to get rich, have a trophy wife, and live in a mansion. That is success. It is a status symbol to carry you through life.

What about after life? What will your legacy be? Your money will not last. It will be squandered or become useless. Your mansion will wither away and fall. Your social status will be forgotten. From a long term perspective, achieving worldly status is utterly useless. What does matter is how we leave this world. One of the most important things to me is to leave this world a better place than how I found it. What would I not give to be George Bailey, getting the tour of Bedford falls without me. My only fear is it would look too much like the world with me. I have been thinking, and I cannot think of anything tangible that, would be better off if it were not for myself. For something so important to me, this concerns me deeply.
*leaves to ponder past experiences*

Oh and just for kicks, as this post is about brevity, I feel that this blog should be short.

No comments:

Post a Comment